Post #2 My Blogs

I guess this entry is really more in response to the second week's entry requirements about experience with blogging.

This year I am using blogs with both of my classes. I am not sure of how effective they are, but I can say that I have a lot fewer questions about what we did in class from kids who have been gone. I also can tell kids who have been gone to check the blog. Additionally, I can direct parents to the blog. I usually post assignments on Edline, and I direct kids to the assignments from the blog.

It is also great me. So often I forget what we have done earlier in the week, and with my blog it is all there.

Please take a look if you are interested. I highly recommend doing this.

American Literature

American Literature Foundations

1 comment:

  1. Your use of blogs as a course management system seems to really help keep everything organized, especially when students are absent. This system is much better than the "absent folder" I used to use ;-)

    I'm curious if you ever have the student respond to readings using the blogs. I know that KC West used to do this and found that the students were able to get to a deeper understanding of some of the issues.

    ReplyDelete