November 3, Digital Storytelling, Post #7

I have used Photo Story numerous times. It is a great, easy tool for kids. The first year I did it the kids basically taught themselves it was so easy. I feel like I have not fully explored its capabilities though. I would like to learn how to download my own music since the music provided is less than thrilling.

An issue I have had are that kids need to save projects to a jump drive. There is not enough space in their folders for the project. It simply won't open the next day. Also, I cannot figure out how to post a Photo Story project anywhere (like this blog for example). I can post them on Edline which is great, but I'd like to know how to do it here, so I can share more easily with a broader audience.

I have kids take poems they have written and set them to music and images. I prefer that the images are of their own taking specifically for this poem, but time and my planning does not always permit this.

They could do this for lots of things the- the retelling of a short story or the telling of a story through thematic ideas and symbols.

Edina has a great page just for digital storytelling!

Here are some examples of basic PS projects. These were posted, so there has to be a way. I will email about it.

This is an example that I found about the Jena Six. It is basic, but engaging.

I will try posting some of my students' examples.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, Thanks for offering to post students examples as I appreciate reading them. I'd love to come to class and watch what you do as part of my ALT comp experience or on a prep. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great brainstorming entry exploring the potentials and hurdles related to getting digital storytelling rolling in the classroom. I think that Photo Story offers a lot in terms of basic storytelling. I'm not sure how to download music but would love to know once you find out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entry is really helpful to me. I don't often get to read the blogs from other curriculum groups, so this was a treat. Also, you have listed some resources I think I can use for my digital writing project. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete