My Blog Winners!

Professionalism:
I think my most professional post is about Digital Writing. I explained how I used it, and I provided links. As a professional should, I gave both the pros and cons of using photo story which has been my main venue for digital storytelling. I also gave several practical uses for it. Although there is not much professional controversy in it, unlike some of the other blogs that discussed ethical issues of professional blogging, I feel it was representative of my philosophy on professional blogging.

For creativity and design I picked my Glogster entry. I think it is reflective of both my creativity and my blossoming design skills. Again I explained its purpose and its value in my classroom. I specifically connected it to my project so it was more meaningful to me than just doing a random Glogster. I think it involved quite a few of the digital values we are trying to instill by using technology. I think the poster involve transmedia navigation in the collection of materials and the remixing of them. Multitasking and appropriation are also components of this project. While simulation occurs in the later tasks of the voice thread and the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth,
    I have been blown away by your use of technology to make not just the novel, but the decade of the 60s, come alive for your students. You have provided them with such rich samples, I am sure you will have a class of digital storytellers at the end of the term.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I think you nailed it when you said in your blog posting that your creativity and design skills are "blossoming" This multigenre project looks very impressive -- can't wait to see it in its final form.

    ReplyDelete